COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm a Finalist! Vote for Me! Five Minute Fiction Tuesday. UPDATE: I didn't win but it sure was fun

Read the Winning Story Here

So I stumbled upon this fun little contest of Leah Petersen's #FiveMinuteFiction.  Wow what a rush.  How it works is a word is posted that must be used or be the basis of a story of which you have five minutes to write.  The word is posted promptly at 1:30pm EST and post are not accepted after 1:45pm EST.  You have 5 minutes to write and 10 minutes to sort out any issues.  This happens every Tuesday.  And Guess What?

Out of 19 Entries I was one of the Five Finalists.
Vote for it Here

This was my five minutes of fiction:

It was a rather amazing thing to find under the bottle cap. I had been walking along the beach to clear my head, well hangover really. It was a bit of a fuzzy night and I woke up alone although I could have sworn that someone had been in my bed at one time. Anyway I was walking along the beach, clearing my brain and failing at it and seriously contemplating a little Hair-O-The-Dog when I kicked a bottle.


I'm not normally one to pick up stray bottles of booze off the ground but I rationalized it as a sign that Hair-O-The-Dog was better than fresh air. Besides, the bottle was full and the seal was tight. Rum too, real Jamaican Rum.

I opened it up and smelled the cap. Already my head began to clear, the musty sweet smell of cane sugar, the rememberances of a warm belly and a serene brain. I looked inside the cap.

"Winner! See back for details." It said.

Odd, I don't recall any booze bottles having contests before.

I took my finger nails and popped out the rubber.

"Three Free Wishes, redeem at once." You've got to be kidding me. This day was going to look up after all.


Did You Like it?

Vote for it Here
(You can vote for someone elses instead if you wish, they are all great stories and all written in five minutes!)

Thanks for Reading
D. Ryan Leask

No comments:

Post a Comment