COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Do My Twitter Multiple Personalities Cause my Followers to Ignore me?




This blog was supposed to be about the next chapter of To Dumb To Dance but I forgot to save it on my USB stick and it's on my Dinosaur at home.  So new topic.

Our Twitter Personalities.
I tweet alot, I think and I sometimes wonder if my lack of followers responses/retweets etc. as well as not being able to get many followers to this blog (where if you follow it you will recieve my novella Counting Down the Storm signed and free!) is due to my lack of focusing my tweets.

Do I tweet about too many things?
The main things that I tweet about are:

My Family
  • especially my son, I want to share my 2-½ year olds exploits as he discovers life
  • Example Tweet:
    • My 2 1/2 year old feeds the dogs all by himself #proudpapa
    • Would it be wrong of me to let my 2-1/2 y/o wash the floor with his special cloth? He wants to and it is covered in dirty dog prints

Threadless T-Shirts
  • I've made lots of friends here and like connecting and following them as well as promoting and retweeting their artwork
  • Example Tweet:
    • WIP - Loves Characters - T-shark by @RicoWarehouse Subbed! http://t.co/4SCJU8E via @threadless pre-voing hype. Too cool in every way!
  • Some have some very comical things to say which I often can't help replying to:
  • Example Tweet:
    • By @dschwen Apparently my credit card numbers went on a vacation without me to Florida.
    • My Reply: Did they at least buy you something nice?
  • I also take part in Sloganeering, a Threadless community of people who come up with smart, witty or thought provoking sayings using 62 characters or less.  I send my own submissions to twitter and often retweet those of my friends and also ones that "Make Me Chortle Audibly" (thanks bygrinstow)
Random Thoughts
  • These are sort of related to my Threadless slogans but not always.  I run a seperate blog here entitled ...and you can quote me (aka my brainfarts stink).  I have a number of witty (at least to me) short thoughts about everything from food:  Enjoy Rare Meat, Endangered Just Tastes Wrong to Monsters: I have my finger on the pulse of the Zombie Nation and lots in between.  I toss one out everyday and usually a "classic" that was part of the blog before I started posting.
  • Example Tweet:
    • "It was a dark and stormy night but still no cliches happened." -D. Ryan Leask
      more of my unfamous #quote s @ http://t.co/tCpVDRv #slogan
    • ...and you can quote me: I'm Not a Geek I'm a Nerd, Geeks Bite Heads off Live Chickens... http://t.co/cQmHRZZ #quote
  • Sometimes I toss out lines like this tweet:
    •  I'd want more followers but I'm paranoid people are following me ---Not Jesus
Writing
  • Although I started out tweeting as a means of promoting my Threadless slogans I was immediately swept up in the world of writing which is really my first (other than people) love.  Most of my followers are of this variety as are most of the people I follow.
  • This is where I post things like links to this blog, word counts, my fledgling #6amWriters group (of which there are two) and tweets like this:

    • "Don't Tell anyone about my 'little' problem." He said. "It'll ruin my #sheetcred." |

      "Sheetcred?" | 1/2 #amwriting #ruleswhenhavinsex
    • "Yeah, I have a rep to maintain." | "Come again?" She replied. |"Ha ha." | #amwriting #ruleswhenhavinsex (dialogue with no story... yet)
  • I also retweet interesting posts about writing etc. etc.
Randomness

  • I sometimes think I'm funny and tweet something using popular #hashtags and watch it retweet over and over again, it's like #BreedingDodos
  • Anything that is #NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement about Jon Kyl is in fact #AFactualStatementAboutJonKyl
The question I ask myself is am I putting off people that follow me because of one of my above "personalities" due to the others?  I want to be a real person, to share my thoughts: idiotic, random, eccentric and quirky, with the world, or at least a tiny corner of it.

If you think my approach is all wrong maybe let me know how to go about changing it.  I would love some feedback!.

Thanks for Reading
D. Ryan Leask

No comments:

Post a Comment