COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Story Concept (Working Title "Karma is a Bitch")

I get so many random ideas in my head and I have trouble focusing on any one story line so I thought what the hell, everytime something pops into my head I'm going to write a bit about it.

Last night as I was laying in bed I had an idea pop into my head. It goes something like this:

It starts out with this guy (Dwayne) having sex with a delivery room nurse right after the birth of his eighth child. It goes on and recounts some of the shitty things he has done in his life.

So somehow someway he has a rich relative who leaves his entire estate to Dwayne's oldest child. Of course Dwayne is delighted because his oldest is 16 so he has access to it. In the process of procuring his "rightful" inheritance it is discovered that Betsy-Lynn, his ditsy 16 year old daughter is not his oldest, instead an insightful and streetsmart nineteen year old girl named Karma.

I don't want this to be a feel good story as it would appear to be. I'm thinking that this girl named Karma is Karma itself and she manages to kick the crap out of Dwayne. Her goal would be to attempt to balance the force of Karma that he so heavily tipped when he was to get the inheritance.

Anyway just a strange thought. May just turn into a touchy feely feel good story of how someone can change and yadda yadda bullshit. Can't see me writing something like that but then again I do have a little girl who is only days away from coming into my life so anything is possible.

When I remembered this idea this morning I thought that it seemed a little too much like My Name is Earl but when I think about it more I don't think so. Thoughts? I say that like anyone other than me really reads this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment