COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Friday, March 4, 2011

Why I Prefer Writing Short Stories

Of course my ultimate goal is to write the not-so-great un-American Novel but in the mean time I just want to write some short stories. It’s so hard to have the uninterrupted time it takes to write a novel without losing your place. I write kind of like I read, start and can’t put the book down until it’s done. I need to break myself of this habit as it tends to leave a couple hundred pages of story with no clear direction and a need to read every page before getting back to it if I hadn’t looked at it for a couple of weeks.

Being able to write a short story in one or two sittings is much more preferable to me. I don’t need to worry as much about screwing up characters, messing up timelines or going too far into the back story and never coming out. All rookie mistakes I’m sure and anyone who reads this that happens to be an accomplished writer is probably rolling their eyes at me right now.

So where does that leave me?

I am in the middle of writing a book about a Serial Killer who gets off less in the murder and more in the watching others go to jail for it. I have wrote several detailed murders that in and of themselves could make for interesting stand alone stories.

I have my two related stories from Counting Down the Storm

A couple of things I wrote for a concept story I had involving the Devils Motel

I also have two new story ideas, one about a Hitman and his unstoppable and illogical need for a post kill burger
The other about an elderly man who finally gives in to his curiosity of how it feels to kill someone.

As you can see I have a theme. Sunshine and Lollipops!

Anyway it’s the weekend which for most would mean some time to relax and maybe sit at a keyboard for an hour or two but for me it means working my ass off getting ready for Baby Girl Evangelina, finishing the basement stairs, cleaning up and if given the chance, breathing.

Is it terrible that I almost hope my contract isn’t extended at the end of September just so I can really focus on what I want to do?

Saying that makes me feel really selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment