COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Social Media can Really Suck, and Suck you in

I hate Facebook, I really do. It's funny how many people come out of the woodwork and how many of them you wish would have stayed in there. At first I thought it was cool getting in touch with old friends and seeing what they were up to but as time went on I realized that:

A) I had nothing to say to most of them

and

B) People became addicted to finding everyone they ever knew and as time went on I would fall into these categories. Unfortunately I was far too polite to decline friend requests from people I knew.



I started a new facebook account under a false name and told only those closest to me where I was. The trouble is that now I want to have a Facebook page more directed towards me as a writer. I tried to revive my old one but it was so full of crap that I gave up, then I tried to just start a new one but without redoing all of my contact information (as my writing e-mail is associated with my old account) I can't seem to. WTF? I'm making (hopefully) some contacts on Twitter which is good and I would like to carry this over onto Facebook but not onto my personal one.



Speaking of Twitter, I need to cut back, man it's stupidly addicting, why? Maybe it's just me, I do get addicted to things, I just quit smoking, I used to spend an abnormally huge amount of time in chatrooms at one time, I'm a bit of a Threadless T-Shirt Forum junkie and I can watch TV for hours if not for the intervention of my "Can't get addicted to anything ever" wife. Now if only I could revive my writing addiction without any kind of interuption.



D



More stuff added to Karma is a Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment