COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Friday, February 22, 2008

Reading Righting and Rithmatic


Reading:

Upon my return from Banff I didn't have much time to write the next part of Too Dumb to Dance for the PPP readings, I just threw something together about a bus ride and some odd individuals on it. It got some laughs so I'm happy.

Speaking of PPP the main performer, Danielle French was awesome, she's a folk type singer with an amazing voice and great songs.

I was surprised during the open mic part of the show that no one recited a poem inspired by the Luner Eclipse, so surprised actually that I felt the need to write a story revolving around it. I have it pretty much laid out but I still need to work through it.

Righting:

Last night was my Writers Group meeting. Only two of us had submissions this go round. One of the members in the group is writing a really gripping story which I look forward to seeing everytime. My story (Framed) seems to be going well with everyone. One of the group said she got caught up in it and forgot she was editing. That's what I like to hear. I hope that it stays that way. One thing that was mentioned was my penchant for commas, I use too many of them, I guess I should stop, rethink their use, create shorter sentances, or just find alternatives, I'll work on it, later, they are right though, now I'm rambling.

Rithmatic:

hmmmmmmm got nothing here, math isn't my strong point.

Thanks for reading to my rants!

Talk to you later.

D.

P.S. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU ARE IN CALGARY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO MY READING AT MCNALLY ROBINSON BOOKSELLERS IN THE STEPHEN AVENUE MALL AT 5:00 ON MARCH 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment