COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, January 28, 2008

My path to becoming a writer 12-Nov-07

It's been a while so here is an update.
I have the book on consignment at McNally Robinson Booksellers (Although it's tucked away on a top shelf phoned to bitch and they said they 'might' move it, I'll have to go back and see). I have two good leads in Kensington, the Oolong Tea House and a little book store there as well. I still have lots of places to visit still in Kensignton so you know what I'll be doing on my lunch breaks for a while (taking them early too, before the lunch rush and post lunch clean-up). Hey if you happen to be in Kensington stop in at the oolong teahouse, they have kick-ass teas (if tea can ever be kick-ass) and ask then if they have anything to read :).I've sold a few books, I haven't checked my 'stock' yet but I would say I have sold around 20. Not bad, I have yet to sell one to a complete stranger yet, but hey, first I have to put it out in front of their faces.
I have a book signing coming up in January and a book launch party coming soon although I may have to change the date because Toni has parent teacher interviews that night and no matter how hard I beg they just won't reschedule.
One other event that I hope to get going is to do a reading at the Sundre Public Library and put a few copies out and about town.
"So," you wonder, "why has it been so long since your last post?" Well I've been busier than a one legged man at an ass kicking competition, between homework, work, work and MORE basement developement (lets just say that at this point IKEA owns our first born) I've barely even looked at my e-mail let alone have time to blog. (Oh yeah and we bought a Wii)
Well that's it from the Writer Den,
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment