COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, January 28, 2008

My path to Becoming an Author 1-Nov-07

Sorry for the negativity in my last post. I was having an off day. It happens now and then. I was hoping that marketing would go so much smoother than it did, but you know what I was not in the perfect places. On Friday I'm going to be talking with the consignment expert at McNally Robinson which is the coolest independant bookstore ever and they have a section in their store dedicated entirely to local authors! I'm also going to go around Kensington and try my luck there. I told myself once that the true feeling of success for me is when my first book is picked up by someone I don't know and they read the back and say "hey, this looks like a cool book I'm going to buy it." I think now though that the support of my friends is far more important than that!

Thank you all!

So what am I doing to keep myself busy these days? I mean now that my first edition is out? I'm in the process of typing up three books. I would like an opinion on which you think I should focus on:

Framed: A serial killer is caught in Calgary after commiting a number of murders and framing others for them. A jaded tabloid reporter is on the case but questions the validity of the man's confession and tries to get to the truth.

Richard Babcock and the Case of the Hollywood Starlet: A down on his luck Private Investigator takes the case of a famous Hollywood movie star who is convinced that someone is trying to kill her, while at the same time trying to adapt to the changing world of 1960's Hollywood.**To Beat the Band: A small town band struggles with new found fame fifteen years after their demise.

Let me know which one I should focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment