COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A one night writer's retreat = 5000 words!

Box 1029
1213 - 85 Street
Coleman, AB Canada T0K 0M0
403-563-3333

If you ever find yourself in the Crowsnest Pass (located in Southwestern Alberta) you must stay at the York Creek Bed and Breakfast!  I had the opportunity to go down there for work over night.  Ken and Anne are super friendly folks who built the beautiful log home with a wonderful view of the spectacular Crowsnest Pass area.  The rooms were spacious and quiet and extremely inviting!  What an inspirational place, especially for a writer!  (Oh, the beds are crazy comfy too!  They are those adjustable beds which I always figured at the end of the day wouldn't be that comfortable… wrong!)

Last night I arrived at around 5:00, visited for about an hour then with the exception of a half-hour tea break wrote steadily until 11:30!  I accomplished 5,000 words!  I am nearly to the half way mark of my NaNoWriMo goal and it's only the 9th!

Other than the setting and getting several hours of uninterupted writing time, it also helped that the drive down took three hours of which I spent going over the direction my story was going to go so by the time I got "the dinosaur" fired up I had everything planned out!  A writer's best friends is solitude, both for writing and thinking.  They should never be in the same place.

Now, this is not the end of my praise for the YC B&B!  This morning I was greeted with delicious coffee and a feast!  I mentioned that I wasn't a finicky eater and I was so glad I did, here was my breakfast (wish I had taken a picture).  Everything was homemade:
  • Toast with French Canadian Pork Pate
  • Cinnamon Buns, hot and fresh from the oven
  • Cantaloupe
  • Bacon
  • Ham
  • A Poached egg
  • Baked Home Fries
  • A flowered tomato
Needless to say, I didn't couldn't, eat it all and I did not leave hungry!

Now, I just need to find an excuse to go back again before November is over…

Thanks For Reading

D. Ryan Leask


1 comment:

  1. Oh great. It's 4:20 a.m. and now I'm starving.

    We love B & Bs, but my wife would never let me work at one. Unless, of course, I was making a million a year at it.

    ReplyDelete