COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My last day

I'm taking a break now because I'm at a point where the next bit of my story I have already written. I just finished a rather tricky interview that Henry is having in the Calgary Remand Center with a psychologist while they try to figure out if he really is a killer like he has confessed. I realized as I was writing it really how his mind works. He doesn't have a split personality, more like a split reality, although he's very aware of it. After being caught he's finding that those realities are melting into one another and he can't focus on one or the other.
During the interview he recants his confession and tries to make them believe that he has only confessed in order to screw with the judiciary. If he had killed all the people he said he did it would result in a number of people having to be released from jail. His more sane side realizes that this could lead to a possibility that he would eventually be released. This would place him back inside the reality that is not really his, but more of that of those that he loves. His dark reality, the one that is his and no one elses wants to be caught. It's like the ultimate revenge to get back at the system that wrongfully imprisoned him years before.
In the interview he fights back and forth between these feelings until he gets to the point that he has to shut himself off. I'm not sure at this point what will happen to him. I highly doubt that they will just let him go, although this is what I'm sure the powers that be would love to happen. On the other hand I think if he stays in jail it will ruin the rest of the story, although I have an out for that written somewhere.
What I really see happening is sometime under some sort of mental health care followed by an all clear rating and a release back into society.

Enough about my story, what about me? How have I been doing.

Well I haven't written as much as I had hoped, but not for lack of trying. I would have to say that other then my time spent here writing these blogs and breaks for eating or just the odd 10 minute wander I have been working non-stop. I'm incredibly proud of myself.
Tonight I have signed up for a reading amongst the group and I think I'm going to read them something that will shock them, despite the fact that they already know that I am writing about a serial killer. I think it'll be fun.

Anyway, putting my thoughts together above have given me some more ammo to shoot and I have to go fire away!

Yadda, Yadda,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment