COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, January 28, 2008

My reading Last Night

What a blast that was. It was basically open mic with some really talented poets (I was the only one who wasn't). There was a huge crowd for the little venue and they were very welcoming.
I read an excerpt from my second story, "Lightning-The Jilted Wife". There was good reaction to it which was great. I didn't read for the full alloted 10mins which was too bad. I was completely unprepared and when your public speaking time seems to fly by! I had lost of great comments afterwards and was able to sell one book, but more importantly I got myself out there a little more.
The night ended with poetry and song from the most wonderful poet I have ever heard (not that I'm all that versed in such things), Moe Clark. She had a great poem about the Pine Beetle destruction in BC as well as another one about bringing out your inner child and a few others. It wasn't just spoken word but singing and she had an amazing voice backed up by a loop peddle which you basically record sounds into and they loop over and over again.
All in all it was a great night and I look forward to the next one.
Here is the official website of the event:
http://www.passionpitchpoetry.com
It was put on by
Eleventh Transmission,
Calgary's arts, culture,
media, and activism magazine.
http://eleventhtransmission.org

No comments:

Post a Comment