COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, January 28, 2008

My path to becoming a writer 15-October

Tonight I attended the monthly Writers Guild of Alberta meeting. There were two notable authors who spoke, Lynn Coady and another whose name is not in my recent e-mail. They had both written short articles about writing which they read, one on having to public speak on behalf of her novel and the other on writing and being a wife and a mother.

They were both hilarious and thought provoking. They then fielded a number of questions from the process of writing through to how they got published. I learned a lot. I also asked them afterwards whether they thought I was heading in the right direction with self publishing, one said yes, the other no, although the one that said yes was a newer writer than the other and had only been published for a couple of years.

I hope (hard to type with fingers crossed) that the industry has changed and I am doing the right thing. I am actually now very happy that I decided to write a short story and publish it the way I did rather than waiting for a novel. I can take the time to find out how hard it is to market and get to market a self published book.

Lately I haven't had time to write much, but I am doing my homework from class. If I get a chance I will share my paragraphs here.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment