I tweet. Actually I probably tweet too much and of course I see a kazillion tweets about how to effectively tweet to get followers, and how to sell your products and yourself and yadda yadda yadda. I DON'T CARE!!!!!
What do I tweet about?
- Writing. It's why I joined in the first place. I like to interact with other writers both about writing and day to day things. I have learned so much about writing, publishing drinking wine from these great folks.
#WritingTip when you are writing turn off spell/grammar check, they only slow you down. Editing and writing are two separate tasks.
- Just had a brain buster of a thought… mobi is to epub what apple is to android take that as you wish
- Given up on getting our daughter to sleep in her crib so we delegated the task to our 4y/o. Seems to be working!
- She grasps the bars screaming hysterically unable to utter a word. She wonders what she did to deserve this.
- I hope there's no airports named after Bush "We are now landing in the bush…" (screaming passengers)
- Did you hear about the
#Zombie outbreak in the Cannibal village? It was self contained.
- Tweet: The fiance had all four wisdom teeth taken out this afternoon. Fun!
@rainyofthedark fun? Oh you're sharing his pain meds ;-)
- Tweet: If you smoke a four leaf clover... a leprechaun will magically appear and eat a delicious bowl of Lucky Charms with you.
@Jack_Wagon1 isn't that with a five leaf clover?
I talk to everyone of the people that I follow as if they are old friends, whether it's George Takei or @JSHyena. I don't expect responses, retweets/etc.
What I don't tweet about
- I don't do #FFs/#WWs/#MMs etc, I have nothing against them and I do occasionally read them and even follow people if you have a good reason why. I don't like them because they take a hell of a long time to do and I like to bring attention to someone you should follow whenever I think of it.
- I don't do a lot of marketing. Sometimes I toss out links to:
- my book: Why am I giving away my book?Exposure.How do I get that?You reading.What do I want in return?An honest review
- my blogs, (This one, Alphabet Wine)
- my music Noteflight - Dennis Leask's Home
What I retweet
- Funny stuff, if it makes me laugh I'm sharing, even if it is a bit off colour
- Good tips, great sites, interesting articles
If you follow me I will follow you back unless you
- Are part of #TeamFollowBack
- Have not tweeted anything what-so-ever
- All of your posts are about
- Self help
- Inspirational Quotes
- Random Links
- Jesus or other religious dieties
- And if your posts start being or turn out to be like the above I unfollow
So, I'm not going to tell you how to Twitter and I don't want you to tell me either 'cause guess what, twitter is a Social Network and I am there to:
- Be Social
- To Network
Thanks for Reading