COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Friday, January 18, 2013

My Obligatory "Thoughts on Twitter" Post


I tweet.  Actually I probably tweet too much and of course I see a kazillion tweets about how to effectively tweet to get followers, and how to sell your products and yourself and yadda yadda yadda.  I DON'T CARE!!!!!

There.

What do I tweet about?
  1. Writing.  It's why I joined in the first place.  I like to interact with other writers both about writing and day to day things.  I have learned so much about writing, publishing drinking wine from these great folks.
    •  when you are writing turn off spell/grammar check, they only slow you down. Editing and writing are two separate tasks.
    • Just had a brain buster of a thought… mobi is to epub what apple is to android take that as you wish
  2. Family.  I have two adorable kids and an awesome wife.  I love to share anecdotes, comical annoyances that I have.
    • Given up on getting our daughter to sleep in her crib so we delegated the task to our 4y/o. Seems to be working! 
    • She grasps the bars screaming hysterically unable to utter a word. She wonders what she did to deserve this. 
  3. One-liners.  I think I'm funny (I'm not offended if you disagree, lots do :D).  I toss these out when I feel like it.
    • I hope there's no airports named after Bush "We are now landing in the bush…" (screaming passengers)
    • Did you hear about the  outbreak in the Cannibal village? It was self contained.
  4. Smart ass remarks.  Come on people, sometimes you just ask for them…
    • Tweet: The fiance had all four wisdom teeth taken out this afternoon. Fun!
    • Reply:  fun? Oh you're sharing his pain meds ;-)
    • Tweet: If you smoke a four leaf clover... a leprechaun will magically appear and eat a delicious bowl of Lucky Charms with you.
    • Reply:  isn't that with a five leaf clover?
  5. I also "run" two dailys, The Flash Fiction Daily and The Daily Mongerer
I talk to everyone of the people that I follow as if they are old friends, whether it's George Takei or @JSHyena.  I don't expect responses, retweets/etc.

What I don't tweet about
  1. I don't do #FFs/#WWs/#MMs etc, I have nothing against them and I do occasionally read them and even follow people if you have a good reason why.  I don't like them because they take a hell of a long time to do and I like to bring attention to someone you should follow whenever I think of it.
  2. I don't do a lot of marketing.  Sometimes I toss out links to:
  3. My sex life, sorry
  4. Everything I do/eat/drink or send a tweet from every site I visit on-line
  5. I also very rarely ever curse, get too political or controversial
What I retweet
  1. Funny stuff, if it makes me laugh I'm sharing, even if it is a bit off colour
  2. Good tips, great sites, interesting articles
If you follow me I will follow you back unless you
  • Are part of #TeamFollowBack
  • Have not tweeted anything what-so-ever
  • All of your posts are about 
    • marketing
    • Self help
    • Inspirational Quotes
    • Random Links
    • Jesus or other religious dieties
  • And if your posts start being or turn out to be like the above I unfollow
So, I'm not going to tell you how to Twitter and I don't want you to tell me either 'cause guess what, twitter is a Social Network and I am there to:
  1. Be Social
  2. To Network
Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment