COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, April 18, 2011

What to Do, What to Do, What to Do? My now WEEKLY blog

I tweet, I blog daily, I have a weekly blog-story.  I am participating in #5MinuteFiction and #SaturdayShorts  I run a daily blog of Original Quotes by me which is somewhat associated with my Threadless T-Shirts Account where I routinely submit slogans for their Type Tee designs and am an active member or the Official Slogan Club.  I finished 365 days of Sloganeering too.

Wow! How the hell did I stretch my writing so far?

I really have to be sure that I don't loose focus of what I am really trying to do which is finish something that I have been writing, be it "Richard Babcock and the Hollywood Starlette" or "Framed" or perhaps even "To Beat the Band".

I think it's great that I have made all of these connections, especially through Steve Umstead's #pubwrite (buy his E-Book Gabriel's Redemption) as well I now have six followers of this blog!  I'm learning so much about publishing, dos and don't of writing and just very interesting stuff about other peoples writing lives.  Fantastic!

I have people that would be interested in reading my work, potentially contacts with agents, thoughts on what to do in terms of publishing.  I have tons of places to get my name out and to put out short stories for competitions.

Fantastic! Except...

I have nothing.  Well almost nothing.  I have "Counting Down the Storm" my novella which is currently only in paperback form of which I only have a few copies left.  I really need to get it into e-book form as I really can't afford to have another run printed (yeah, I self-published it).

Now what I really need is to finish something new and here is how I am going to acomplish this.
  • Focus on only one story.
    • This is my biggest weakness, too many irons in the fire.  I am currently working on "Richard Babcock..." and that is all (with the exception of #5MinuteFiction and #SaturdayShorts.)
  • #6amWriters- A Twitter Group that I am attempting to form.  So far I am the only one but I pretend there are more to keep me accountable.
    • The purpose is to get up at 6am and write until I have to leave for work or on the weekend, the family gets up and harasses me.
    • Generally an hour to an hour and a half.
    • During this time, no internet, NONE! or tweeting
    • It has to be on ONLY one WIP
    • My goal is to write no less than 800 words and preferably >1000
  • #1KaDay- Another twitter group that focuses on writing 1000 words each and everyday.
  • Stop blogging this blog daily
    • I am going to limit this to once a week.  I think that Mondays are a good day for it.
  • Not take on any other writing projects unless:
    • They Make me Money (Prize money kind of okay)
    • I have something outlined that would fit the criteria
    • Preferably both
Hope this works.  I feel a bit like I put the cart before the horse so to speak but what the hell.  Maybe I'll become really good friends with an influencial person and they will name drop me and I will get a million dollar book deal before I have even finished anything.

Which reminds me, I recently got pregnant while riding on a flying pig over atlantis and being chased by a Monster Army of Yeti Cyborgs!  Wow, that was a day.....

Thanks for Reading
D. Ryan Leask

And Please, Please do not ever use this line:
Sparkling like a vampire in the sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment