COUNTING DOWN THE STORM (Temporarily Unavailable) A Novella by D. Ryan Leask
For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives. A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to sink into the bowels of civilization. When a wife and mother discovers that her husband is having an affair she abandons logic and gives in to the perilous abyss of jealousy and revenge.
Re-Launch Tentatively Scheduled for Oct 17th:
¦Goodreads - For All E-Readers ¦Smashwords - For All E-Readers ¦Diesel E-Books Store - E-Pub ¦iTunes - For Your iPad/iPhone/Mac¦ ¦Kobo - For Your Kobo¦Sony - For Your Sony E-Reader¦Barnes & Noble - For Your Nook¦Direct From the Author - Mobi E-Pub or pdf¦

Monday, January 28, 2008

My Path to Becoming an Author 22-Oct-2007


Well the time has finally come. It is at a stage that I now feel comfortable selling my book. The final final copy has gone to print!
This is really exciting. At my meet-up tonight I got to do a testimonial on how easy it was.
I started out with a theory. Writing is the hard part, if you can write a book you can get it published, marketed and read much easier than it was to write. Of course 99.9% of authors will tell you this is not true, I think there is a belief amongst writers that you have to pay your dues, you have to send 1000 manuscripts out to 500 publishers and get 3 letters of rejection back and wait patiently for the rest which never come, then do it all over again until low and behold one publisher says, "We'll publish your book" and you get so excited that you sign the contract not realizing the besides the 5 (or 10 if you’re lucky)% royalty you will receive they have also taken your soul.
Don't get me wrong, the author part of me did want to do it this way and did believe that this is the only way to do it, but what if, like all the stories I write start off with what if...
What if I publish it myself, market it myself do everything myself and keep the royalties myself, am I a money grabbing no gooder rebel? Yeah so... what if it works? Life does not have to be hard.
Anyways.......
Guess what I have placed my book for all in the Marketplace. I was hoping that there was an easy way to do payment there (paypal linked or something) but there is not, oh well, I'll have to try to set something up. But it's there.
Buy (get it buy) for now!
D


For two days the storm has taken over the city, and two people's lives.
A man convinces himself that his life is worthless when his lover leaves him for another man. Alone and depressed, he allows his life to spiral out of control. As the storm burdened days pass, he slides further into oblivion, sinking into the bowels of civilization, to be counted among the derelict of society and into a haze of booze, sex and drugs.
When a wife and mother discovers, in grisly detail, that her husband is having an affair, she plots her revenge. Her anger and desire for vengeance are aided by an old friend who saves her life during a suicidal midnight visit into the abyss of the city. Conscience and reason eventually take hold again, only to be washed away in the ensuing storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment